When researching anything pertaining to any U.S. Census or to the Census Bureau, this site should be your first stop. There is a wealth of material here for both the casual user and the advanced researcher. Some features of the site:
- All data currently collected by the Census Bureau and much historical data is found here. Current data is searchable through the American FactFinder platform. Data can be viewed and manipulated.
- Historical data for the decennial censuses back to 1790 have been digitized and are available for viewing. As digital copies of the original print volumes they can be viewed but not manipulated.
- The site can be browsed by clicking on the tabs at the top of the page such as "Topics" and "Geography". There is also an A-Z list of subjects.
- "Quick Facts" provides basic statistics and can be mapped as well as displayed in table form.
- The "Data" and "Research" sections explain methodology and provide data tools.
- "Help" and "FAQ" links are available on every page.