April 29, 2014
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Papitto Conference Room
Fisher Student Center
10:00 Introduction - Alicia Waters & Brian Gallagher
10:05 eBooks Presentation – Deb Hoadley, Team Leader, MA eBook Project
11:25 eBook Demos with Reps from School, Academic, and Public Libraries
12:00 Lunch Break
Roundtable Discussions (pick four to attend)
● Table 1: Marketing to patrons and patron expectations - Facilitated by Jack Martin
○ Bring your ideas and questions about topics from marketing technology and services to helping patrons understand what the library can do for them.
● Table 2: Staff Training / Staff Buy-In - Facilitated by Melissa Chiavaroli
○ How can you help support the staff who help your patrons? Discuss ideas for time shifting staff training, getting staff buy-in, and more.
● Table 3: Open Access, Open Source - Facilitated by Andrée Rathemacher
○ What’s the difference between open access and open source, and what do they mean for your patrons? Discuss and share options for getting materials when paywalls become obstacles.
● Table 4: Makerspaces - Facilitated by Evan Barta
○ Makerspaces have come – or are coming – to a library near you! Discuss current initiatives and learn about those in the works in RI.
● Table 5: eBook Hands On - Facilitated by Zach Berger, Dorothy Frechette, Sharon Webster, Jessica D’Avanza, and Julie Kliever
○ Are you in the dark about eBooks at other types of libraries? Stop by and check out what school, academic, and public libraries have to offer.
1:00 - 1:20 Roundtable Session 1
1:25 - 1:45 Roundtable Session 2
1:50 - 2:10 Roundtable Session 3
2:15 - 2:35 Roundtable Session 4
2:35 - 2:55 Roundtable Summaries
2:55 - Closing Remarks
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.